Thought I would at least give this a try.  The standard blurb about
running OS9 applications in classic mode in Tiger is they will
ususally work, except for scannnig applications.  Right.

I have a scanning application that I want to run in Os9/Classic Mode.
Why?  'Cause they say it can't be done I guess!  The application needs
one important bit of hardware, a GPIB driver for a PCI-GPIB card.  Of
course, drivers are available for both OS-X 10.4, as well as OS9 for
this hardware, and they work fine in their native modes, but I'm
wondering what kind of tomfoolery is needed to coax those OS9 drivers
to work within an OS-X 'window'.  I have tried completely disabling
the GPIB drivers in OS-X, hoping that OS-X won't 'look' at that card,
and seeing if the OS9 drivers can then take over the card and control
it, but so far without success.  The OS9 GPIB extension does seem to
load fine when the OS9 is created within OS-X, so that looks
promising...

I'm working on a thoery that this is possible to do as the makers of
the adb-usb adaptor, imate, the griffin folks, were able to get this
similar configuration to work by writing a driver for OS-X that allows
"OS9 Applications to take control of the device".  That's what I need!

Perhaps there is a work around or techinque that might allow this for
the GPIB drivers.  I'm using a national Instruments PCI-GPIB card.

Or, perhaps the other option might be to use a plug and play version
of GPIB, and only plug it in when the application needs it, wonder if
that would work??  I think there are USB version's of GPIB hardware
out there somewhere....

Any ideas folks?

John