Ok what should work.

Get the 'firewire' full backups working as being 'bootable'.

It's then quite simple.

Hook up the firewire cable between the 1TB drive and the new (to you) 15" PB. have the 1TB drive powered up. Power on the new PB while holding the 'Option Key'. The 'old, backed up system from your present Ti-Book (on the 1TB drive, will show up as one of the boot choices. Select it. When the 15" PB boots, then use CCC/ SuperDuper that system (your old Ti-Book system) TO the HD in the New 15"PB.

DONE

The old Ti-Book system/Data/Garbage/deleted Files/EVERYTHING will now exist on your NEW 15"PB

Have FUN!!!

Chuck D.