On Jun 23, 12:51 pm, Dan <dantear...@gmail.com> wrote:
 > And since this is a service for which you paid, contact Yahoo directly.

Yahoo doesn't make it easy to contact them.

That's totally completely massively unacceptable from a for-$$$ service provider. Get thyself away from them ASAP.

Seriously, considering dropping Yahoo, except I've had the address for so long and it's associated with can't-remember-how-many accounts.

Yea. I know how that goes. What a PITA. I've got several GMail accounts, a Yahoo account, and a few elsewhere.

When my original provider, Netaddress -- the ubercool @usa.net domain - went pay, I thought ... ok, it was cheap. But then the next year they went PAY! wtf! From $12 to $50/yr! So I went to Yahoo. About the time I got things migrated, Yahoo went pop-for-pay! grrrrrrrr. Before that changeover they were rock solid. After, outages and other problems galore! That's when I switched to GMail. Kept the Yahoo account as webmail. Took me about two years to migrate fully.

I spend hours trying many different configs.

I'm finding two different sets of settings being recommended in Yahoo's help system. How nice.

This page seems to be the latest, and was updated YESTERDAY (June 23)!

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/mailplus/pop/pop-14.html

It says to use
   pop.mail.yahoo.com, SSL and port 995.
   smtp.mail.yahoo.com, SSL, port 465, auth.

But then other (older) pages say to use servers such as
   plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com
and
  plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com
(same ssl and port settings)

Finally, for now anyway, I'm having Yahoo mail forwarded to my other email address.

Good. And when you reply, it should have the better address on the outgoing messages. Start telling people to use it instead...

- Dan.
--
- Psychoceramic Emeritus; South Jersey, USA, Earth.