Il giorno 25-06-2011 23:53, Kris Tilford ha scritto:

> Beige are flakey and difficult. I once had one I had to strip down to
> NOTHING except a optical drive and RAM to get a CD to boot. Then I
> added back a HD and finally installed. VERY frustrating.

AFAIK, Beige G3s are one of the most stable and reliable Mac Apple ever
built. :-o
Not only I read this more than once; I owned a beige G3 266 for several
years, I upgraded everything but the motherboard (processor up 900 MHz, more
than three times original speed), and it worked always fine.
I installed Panther thru XPF with no particular issue.
I bought it (used) in 1998, and it's still working everyday, used by a
client of mine. Almost 14 years of useful life! :-)

Could it be about Revisions? IIRC Rev. A had some issues.
Or, you might just had a "bad monday" case. ;-)