One of the many potential dangers and problems with doing the pirated software
is that you don't know what kind of "parasites" it may carry with it.  I'd talk
to Corel long before I did any pirated version.

________________________________
From: Valter Prahlad <valter.prah...@fastwebnet.it>
To: g3-5-list@googlegroups.com
Sent: Sun, July 3, 2011 10:52:41 AM
Subject: Re: Painter X question

Il giorno 3-07-2011 17:05, PAR ha scritto:

> I have Corel Painter X installed on my Quicksilver 2002 running OSX
> 10.4 with a 933 Mhz single processor. Recently my machine stopped
> allowing me to run Painter, giving me the message "This copy of
> Painter has been damaged or lllegally modified. Please install from
> your original disks."

- Did you reinstall Painter? If not, try doing it.
- If an uninstaller is included, uninstalll the app and install it again.
- Try deleting Painter preferences.

Apart from that, the only option I can think of is asking help to Corel's
support. Did you try searching its Support/FAQ/Knowledge base?

> My copy is is legal download copy, with my key provided personally by
> Corel.
I'm sorry to say this, but most problem of this kind comes from original and
legally bought software.
Ironically, you often have less trouble running pirated software: as an
extreme measure, you could find a pirated copy of Painter X (try Torrent,
Rapidshare...) and trying that (your conscience would be fine, since you own
a legit license ;-).