Il giorno 14-07-2011 3:24, Mike Needham ha scritto:

> It is good to know all this, although right this moment, I am not sure why I
> don't just get a Quicksilver (assuming those still supported OS 9 natively
> and not as emulation).
A Quicksilver would be a lot faster than your G3, actually.
(faster CPU, faster memory, faster bus... and you could install OSX
natively)
I'm using a G4 Digital Audio (similar to QS), and it was a big improvement
from my Beige G3.

And yes, you can boot OS9 from any Quicksilver (you can boot OS9 with ANY G4
PowerMac, actually, save for G4 MDD FW800: only that specific model forbids
OS9, others G4 MDD boot OS9 fine)

> I know at this point I need to find a new zip drive
> as this one is on it's last leg.  I was writing data and it is clicking a
> lot
Beware, "clicking" could lead to damage disks and/or losing data! :-/

ZIPs are way obsolete, you should find plenty around (not many being SCSI,
maybe)