On Jul 22, 2011, at 10:32 AM, Isaac Smith wrote:

On Jul 19, 2011, at 4:22 PM, Dan wrote:

Anyone using Spotify?

It seems to have just opened up to everybody; that or I finally got my invite. So I'm using it as of about 5 minutes ago.

What's your experience?

Big snip

From the Harvard Business Review

Why I'm Not Going Near Spotify (and Why You Shouldn't Either)

http://blogs.hbr.org/cs/2011/07/why_im_not_going_near_spotify.html

Comparing Spotify to Netflix:

Simply put: the way we consume music is fundamentally different to the way we consume movies and TV.

Think about it. It is relatively rare to own a movie or TV series that you sit through and watch multiple times. Sure, there are some classics where that's the case, but most people watch a video once and that's it. Music is not like this. The same songs get listened to time and time again. We build playlists (custom CDs or even mix tapes, if you're old enough) around them. It's the very reason most people don't just listen to the radio

Len