I've been monitoring discussions on Apple's OS progression
and the changes in hardware requirements.

Since I'm running a Mini G4, I feel I'm rapidly receding into
antiquity.

The main issues are CPU speed
and the ever increasing number of cool 10.5+ only apps.

I've lived with the speed thing because my WiFi ISP speed has been
limited. However, now they've increased their bandwidth, so I can get
up to more commonly reasonable internet speeds.

Here's my OS/software criteria:

**Accept that Classic is no longer an option (run separate machine if
necessary)

**Want to retain PPC apps for now, so need Rosetta and apparently can
only max at 10.5 OS

**Cannot afford  to change/upgrade my HDs to GUID.

**Would like best video card/system possible

** Assume a Mini is most affordable option

So, I'm hoping for some advise or direction on which generation of
Mini
would/could maximize my options.

I understand that this might be a Mini forum topic, and happy to
migrate if necessary.

Thank you
Cliff

Love's Point Blog:     http://4lovespoint.wordpress.com/ (new post