The last time I wrote, I was having trouble with a hard drive failure on my G4 933 QS, Pioneer 108 DVR, Internal Zip drive, 1.5 Gig ram, 10.4.11, PCI USB 2.0, PCI SATA, & PCI Gigabit card. I have 2 ide drives and a sata drive - all internal. Im using a pci sata card and can run 2 drives from the card. I have 3 questions:

1) What is the difference between a "retail" drive and a "bare" drive? I see different stock numbers and the retail drive has a warranty of 5 years vs the 3 years of the "bare" drive. The current sata drive is a Seagate "bare" drive from OWC. That one seems pretty good so far.

2) When I go to the "about this mac", the sata drive does not show up. It is not not listed under "Serial ATA", "ATA", or the "PCI cards". Yet they do show up in disk utility.

3) Would there be any problem having no ide drive if I pulled them all out and just ran two sata drives off the pci card?

Thanks