On 11-08-04 1:30 PM, "diane" <dianed...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is it true that you have to have SL to do the upgrade? I didn't see this as a
> requirement on Apple's site though they only have instructions for upgrading
> from SL, no other OS is mentioned. Somehow I missed that tidbit in the hoopla.
>
> Thanks,
> Diane

There are articles out there that will explain in detail how to create a USB
or DVD version of the Lion installer so you can do a clean install.  I
actually made an installer using a small partition of my 2TB drive and did a
clean install on a much larger partition.  The actual installer is buried in
the contents package and it is a .dmg file.  The articles will explain
everything.

Installation of Lion went much faster using the hard drive than when using
DVD.  BTW the articles do warn that booting the installer from DVD does take
awhile so be patient.