Il giorno 29-08-2011 16:04, cheryl ha scritto:

> I don't have money to buy a drive.
Today you can easily find used/old IDE HDs, for free or dirt cheap, since
many people is getting rid of old PCs, HDs included.
When I visit my recycling center/skip, I always find many discarded PCs with
working HDs (for free, obviously ;-).
You can have plenty! :-D

Remember PC's IDE drives are exactly the same drives used in G3/G4
generations Macs.
With old/used drives, you obviously have an higher risk of them failing.
Just be careful and backup often.

> That's what I'd like to do, just
> add another drive; supposedly the QS has two bays for hard drives.
As mentioned before, the standard bay on the bottom (where the default HD
resides) has room and cables for two drives.

Below the optical drive there's room (and, I think, cables) for a second
unit; in my G4, they are used for the Zip drive, so I couldn't add an HD
there.

Plus, you could add a PCI card (IDE or SATA), as someone mentioned, and
connect two more drives to that; but that would mean $$$. :-)