Il giorno 14-10-2011 16:27, Dan ha scritto:

>> I get a nice chime but, a few seconds later, it chimes again
>> and just keeps repeating the startup chime.
Never happened to me... but it seems like some hardware (or test) failing.
Better course is in trying to isolate the potential "culprit" (hoping is not
the motherboard).

> Reset the pram and nvram.
> http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1379
>
> Try booting with the shift key held down.
>
> If you hold down the option key, does the boot selector come up?
>
> Disconnect all external peripherals except keyboard, mouse, and display.
>
> Perhaps try disconnecting the internal boot volume/drive, and try
> booting on an external?
Besides what Dan suggested, you can try to remove any internal optional part
(like PCI cards...).
Another (desperate ;-) attempt, is removing the ram sticks, and trying to
put them back one pair at a time.

The goal is arriving to a as-bare-as-possible machine, hoping to isolate the
problem.