thanks to all for your input and advice! I'm buying a used Mac Mini
from someone on the swap list, but I may hold onto this computer or
give it to my friend who loves to tinker with Macs. I was wanting to
get a machine with a faster processor than this one and with a larger
hard drive. This computer has served me well for a few years since I
bought it from someone on the swap list.