On Oct 24, 2011, at 11:16 AM, Bruce Johnson wrote:

> IN theory all applications SHOULD offer this option, but in practice very few
> do.
>
> The multi-user nature of OS X is very rarely taken advantage of, imo.

In large part because most Macs are single user.  In which case there isn't
much reason to bother with a user application folder.

At the elementary school I worked at every teaching station was set up with
user accounts for one or more teacher and one Student account.  I considered
setting up a private user application folder but never found any application
that warranted it.  There were some apps that were for the teachers only but
they weren't anything we' would mind if the kids ran them.

Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA
Macintosh / Internet Consulting