At 5:20 AM -0800 11/29/2011, Jörg Duurkoop wrote:

Aside - Jorg, please do not top post onto a message that is already bottom posted. It creates a convoluted spagetti-like mess, that requires the reader to scroll back and forth repeatedly, to regain context. Also, per the list's netiquette, please remember to trim - especially the footers.

But they are not meant to be opened by the user and when the drive
fails you have to return them in case of failure, that's a real PITA.

hum. The LaCie cases I've had all opened quite easily. To open some, I had to first remove the base plate, to get access to the screws.

Donno about the Porche line, tho - never had my paws on one.

They are also more expensive than the competition mostly.

Yes, LaCie units can be more expensive.  Quality.

- Dan.
--
- Psychoceramic Emeritus; South Jersey, USA, Earth.