On Dec 23, 2011, at 2:42 PM, Dan wrote:

At 11:34 AM -0700 12/23/2011, Bruce Johnson wrote:
No Apple hasn't outsourced their customer support to some unknown domain.

LOL

The geniuses at Chase Bank have hired a company to handle their email, that has in turn hired an "ex-spammer" to do the actual SMTP work. So now all the phishes AND legit emails from Chase are being flagged by ClamXav! Over the past week, we've received phishies for Chase that look, from the headers, legit, as they came out of the same SMTP servers! The HTML is near perfect. The only way you can tell they're phishies is that the urls are dotted ips instead of chase.com.

- Dan.
--
- Psychoceramic Emeritus; South Jersey, USA, Earth.

They are not the only bank that does that kind of stuff. I received a legitimate email from my bank (M&T) that, doing the hover, showed that the link in it went to some third party tracking kind of site, but the shown address was MTB.com. I called to confirm that it was real. Then gave them Holy H*ll about the idiocy of preaching about online security and phishing education, then doing something like that.

Len