under the Apple:
Select :                About this mac
Select:         More info
Select          Memory

then it should tell you what you have in the 'puter

disclaimer:  this is on 10.5.8

Jeff

On Jan 23, 2012, at 2:07 PM, Bill Brown wrote:

Greetings all.

Question: How do I find out what the PC-8500, PC-8800, etc. stands for and
where can I find what PC-xxxx I have on my iMac Intel Core 2 Duo?

Example I copied of the lemswap list:

2GB of PC-8500 SO-DIMMS

I want to upgrade from the 2 GB RAM I have now, but can't find out
if the PC-whatever will work on my machine.

Any help appreciated!1

Thanks.
Bill

--
You received this message because you are a member of G-Group, a group for those using G3, G4, and G5 desktop Macs - with a particular focus on Power Macs. The list FAQ is at http://lowendmac.com/lists/g-list.shtml and our netiquette guide is at http://www.lowendmac.com/lists/netiquette.shtml