On Feb 13, 2012, at 11:29 AM, Bruce Johnson wrote:

On Feb 12, 2012, at 9:43 AM, Barry Levine wrote:

Lastly, I also have a hardware/software question that maybe someone will
know.
Re the default Page Setup for a laserjet 2100M - it's ALWAYS "US Letter Small", and defaults back to that after a session is over. I have not been able to google up a way to make "US Letter" the default, and stay that way.

I believe that US Letter is the factory default, so setting the 2100 back to factory default (check the manual) should fix that.

I seem to remember having a similar issue with one of my HPs (4ml, 4m, 4000 or one of that era). The fix I remember was that you had to hold down either one of both of the Command or Control key when hitting OK when closing the page setup dialog box.

Len