On Mar 18, 2012, at 8:07 PM, Dan wrote:

> At 10:45 AM -0700 3/18/2012, JohnCarmonne wrote:
>> I have a drive with a 39Gig 10.5.8  system and when I make a CCC of it on
>> another drive it produces a 22.3 Gig file I've done it several times and I
>> get the same results. I have the entire source drive selected. I'm using
>> version 3.4.3 with "maintain a bootable copy no archive". I never noticed
>> this before now I wonder if I may have a lot of bogus CCC's?
>
> Go check the size of your caches, temp, and VM files -- CCC doesn't copy
> those.
>
> 39GB -> 22.3GB is a big jump tho.  Show me the CCC log.
>
> - Dan.
> --
> - Psychoceramic Emeritus; South Jersey, USA, Earth.

Yep!  Upon closer inspection with TinkerTool I found a 16GB file called
"sleepimage". and erased it.
So  I checked some more drives and some have it and some don't. My MBP had 17.5
GB's
A Spotlight search didn't show the VAR or VM folders,  I would never have found
it without TinkerTool.
Is there a way to turn this feature off?

John Carmonne
Yorba Linda CA
92886 USA
MacBook Pro i7