On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 12:27 PM, <antique...@comcast.net> wrote:

> I'm sure I'm representative of most of us here, in that we have our PPC's
> on hand because they do a particular job we bought them for, and still do
> it well.

True enough. I use my MDD (Dual 867 MHz PPC G4, 1 MB L3 cache per
processor, 2 GB DDR SDRAM) for everything these days. I use it to surf the
web, talk on a BBS (via Terminal), read and send email, DL torrents, listen
to the radio via iTunes and (rarely) use Yahoo! Messenger.
Before this I used a Quicksilver. Prior to that it was a Smurf (B&W G3). I
also have an 8600/200, a 5400/180 and a 5260/100.
I am a collector of old computers.
I would list all my other Macs, Apples (and a Franklin Ace 500) and PCs as
well as my Sun 3/60 and an old Atari (I forget the model) but that is a
long list and only certain machines are topical to this list.

--
Steve Conrad
Henrietta, MO 64036

"The time has come for mankind to grow up and leave its cradle behind; to
go forth and claim our place in outer space."
                   - Capt. Henry Gloval

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")