The device I'm talking about is like the ones on this page:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Mobile-Broadband/No-Contract-Mobile-Broadband/pcmcat184400050021.c?id=pcmcat184400050021
You do have to pay for the internet service. They have ones with a
contract as well. We get a great cell phone signal up where I am, so
if these devices would work on a hub they would be a viable solution
to my internet dilemma.