I have an early dual 2.5GHz G5 PowerMac with the following spec's

dual 2.5GHz G5 CPU's
Radeon 9650 video card stock video card that I swapped from my dual 2.7GHz G5 PowerMac which now has a FireGL X3 video card in it.
2gb RAM
250gb SATA hard drive
SuperDrive

I purchased this G5 as a partially working computer for parts, or repair. It ran fine, but the previous owner had confirmed that there was a motherboard fault which would only recognize the G5 CPU in one of the two sockets. The previous owner and myself had both tested by swapping the G5 CPU's from one socket to the other and confirmed that it was the same socket that was recognized as working each time, so I know that both G5 CPU's are working and planned on looking for a new motherboard to repair the system. While swapping the G5 CPU's from one side to the other, I noticed some corrosion around the circular metal plate that can be removed to check and add to the liquid cooling system, so I removed the corrosion, removed the plate and checked the coolant inside to make sure it was still full, resealed and reseated the metal plate and "O"-ring.

This computer did not come with a hard drive, so to test it, I had previously taken the hard drive from my working dual 2.7GHz G5 PowerMac and installed it into this dual 2.5GHz G5 PowerMac. After the corrosion removal was complete, I re-assembled the dual 2.5GHz G5 PowerMac to test it before selling it to someone who is interested in replacing the motherboard himself.

Now when I try to boot this dual 2.5GHz G5 PowerMac either from the hard drive, or from my Leopard install DVD, I get to the gray Apple logo screen and no further. The chime is normal and everything else appears to be the same as before, when it was running on just one G5 processor.

Does anyone here know what causes a Mac to get to the Apple logo and just stop there with no error messages, and no other apparent problems that would give away what the problem is? If it was something drastic, I would think that it would not even get that far in the boot process. And why would it act this way when booting from the Install DVD?

David