On the topic of this sound installation in a sculpture exhibition,
Thanks for teh suggestion to do the 4-chanel subwoofer feed derivation in LOGIC, with an aggregate-device 5 channel output, which I accomplished. the amp rig, using the gear I jhave on hand (larger stuff) was still way more bulk and complexity than I was happy with so I've minimalised the show gear to a MacBook, a 4ch convertor and a pair of 2.1 plate amps. Elegant... as long as it works consistantly.

The laptop is running a simple 4-track-file playback in LOGIC on REPEAT as a 24-7 thing on the laptop into a 4ch Digital>Analog convertor into the amps.

As a set-and-forget day-to-day thing, I'm thinking of having the whole room system on a single power distribution unit (for gallery atendants' one-switch ease of operation) EXCEPT for the laptop which would be on its own power feed that would NOT switch off adn just run 24/7.

Should I be thinking about things like ENERGY settings or other system prefs that either might interfere with LOGIC and cause it to hiccup, or things that would be a Good THing (like shutting the screen off)?

Security issues..

physically: with the laptop hidden inside a walled-up small cart along with the sound amps, any sort of physical retraints anyone knows about?

operationally: with the program running, is there a way to make the computer un-accessible?

        Thanks
        John Vengrouskie
        Soundscenes DC