Not to beat a dead horse, but I've spent the last two weeks rewriting my wife's
web site in HTML5, on my G4. I write it in text edit, and check it in safari,
ten4fox, opera, ie5, and Firefox. Well written code will render something
usable on any browser, and give those flashy bits of fun on the latest browsers.

Html5 and css3 could spell the death of flash, and be a serious blow to java
script, but good ridence to bad rubbish!

Finnaly, let's be clear, html5 is not fully implemented in any browser on any
platform, thus the need for good coding practices, and backward compatability
is written in to all HTML releases.