On Jun 15, 2012, at 10:27 PM, PeteMo wrote:

> HI
> I also have a stock G4 Cube 450 MHz with the stock 16mb Rage ATI graphics and
> 120GB Hard Drive. I maxed out the RAM and
>  am running Tiger 10.4.11 quite happily. You should be able to dual boot
> between mac OS 9.2.2 and Tiger, although I only run Tiger on mine, but do run
> Mac OS 9.2.2, Tiger 10.4.11 and Leopard 10.5.8 on my Quicksilver 933 happily.
>
> Enjoy the best of both worlds and have a 9.2.2 partition and Tiger partition
> on your hard drive.
>
> I'm looking at getting a NVidia 6200 graphics card as this is Core Image (and
> therefore Quartz Extreme by default) compatable to run Leopard.
>
> Enjoy these iconic machines that are now almost 12 years old and still going
> strong.
>
> Cheers
> Pete
>
> On Saturday, June 16, 2012 4:43:01 AM UTC+8, zpro wrote:
> I just inherit a Mac Cube... what would be the best setup for this unit
> as far as OS is concern... OS 9 or OS X
> This is a stock unit...
>
> Regards-
> Richard

Nice to see some Cube owners suface:-) Although it's possible to get Leopard on
a 450 Cube via Helper or Carbon Copy Cloner it is really slow. I have 10.5.8 on
one machine with a 1.2 processor and Radeon 7500 card because iTunes requires
10.5. The bgger problem with the Cube for me is  the 100 MHz Bus speed. Any
streaming video, Skype, YouTube or iChat is annoyingly choppy to impossible.
John Carmonne
Yorba Linda CA
92886 USA
MacPro 2.66 Quad Nehalem