Another viewer I have used is Elmedia Player
Not sure about the version for 10.4.11 as I am using 10.5.8

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 10:26 PM, Richard Gerome <onecoolka...@earthlink.net
> wrote:

>      Are you just clicking once on the video or movie to just highlight
> it, then go to file and choose "Open With" then choose "VLC" ??? The video
> or movie should start up in and run in VLC... Also check in the
> Applications Folder to see if it is in there? If not you have to drag and
> drop the VLC icon... I think you already know this though? Other then all
> this I don't know what else could be wrong?

Steve Conrad
Henrietta, MO 64036

"The time has come for mankind to grow up and leave its cradle behind; to
go forth and claim our place in outer space."
                   - Capt. Henry Gloval

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")