On Jun 23, 2012, at 12:02 PM, Anand wrote:

> I know that it is generally said that a G anything cannot run Snow Leopard.
> However, I run Virtual PC on my iBook G4 so I know that a program can be
> created to emulate an Intel Mac,

That does not follow. Virtual PC emulates a very minimal level of PC hardware,
and OS X will not work with that.

> and it would probably work best if the PPC Mac had at least two processors.

'Best' is a relative term. OS X for intel needs a certain level of hardware to
run, and that is very difficult to do with an emulator, and in practical terms
it will be unusably slow. I mean 'boot up in a day or three, and take 6 hours
to start textedit' unusably slow.

Time to realize that you have to move on, that the PPC is a dead end. Even a
quad G5 wouldn't possibly run an intel emulator well enough to provide a usable
OS X experience, because it can't.
--
Bruce Johnson

"Wherever you go, there you are" B. Banzai,  PhD