I've had my G4 Quicksilver Tower (and the display) stored in my garage for years and years. I have played with it a few times, in recent years. Last summer, I bought and installed a couple new (cheap) components and it came back to life but only for a about a week. Sadly, it died again.

I live at the beach and metal objects (like the inner contents of a computer) tend to rust more quickly than if one lives elsewhere. When I open it up and look inside, it appears -- to a non-computer expert -- there probably aren't many salvageable parts. But maybe there are a few things that are sellable or that someone needs? I have no idea what works or what is completely dead. It doesn't seem worth the time or the energy to try to figure this out.

I'm wondering if the case, or parts of the case are worth anything. And I'm also wondering if some expert could dismantle it and find "parts X, Y, and Z still work and are they worth money." Same expert might take one look and laugh hysterically at my wishful thinking.

Bottom line question, before I PAY to send the old machine to a computer graveyard, should I look at any particular sites? Is there a market for old parts? Might there be a more computer savvy person who can do an actual tear down and sell parts? Trust me -- I realize I won't be getting rich off of this old DOA machine. I was just curious...I'd much prefer to make $30 than to pay $45 to have it hauled away. If anyone has thoughts, I'd greatly appreciate any ideas or suggestions. Thanks, in advance.