There is probably only 2 things that could have caused this: 1st the CD
broke going in when the thing comes down to grab the disc by the hole because
of a miss alignment or 2nd It spun up to over 10,000rpm maybe it was 20,000
(Just like Clark said about Myth Busters figured out how much rpm would cause
it to explode)...  Now what I think happened was the first thing? Once they
crack it will weaken them and the spinning of the drive would cause them to
explode..?