Yesterday we had a thunder storm and when leaving my office I not only
turned off my power strip that our (G5 DP2.0ghz, 4.5gb ram) computer was
plugged into, but I also unplugged the power cord from the strip/surge
protector. I usually just turn off the surge protector when we have a
storm, but after my father's G4 lost it's power supply after a bad storm a
couple weeks ago, I decided to unplug the cord as well. This morning it
chimed but soon stopped everything at the gray apple screen. I held in the
power button to shut it down and after trying again it chimed and then the
light above the power button now just blinks 3 times every 5 seconds or so.
Then the chime went away and it just blinks 3 times as mentioned. I wanted
to do a pram reset however it does not chime. I tried replacing the pram
battery but it still does this blinking thing. I assume that is an
indicator of the problem and am hopeful someone here can help me get back
running again.
Thanks in advance for your help!