On Oct 20, 2012, at 10:04 AM, Les wrote:

>> What's the EXACT error message from CCC? CCC log file?
>>
> "An error occurred when CCC attempted to enable ownership on the destination
> volume. Try enabling ownership via the volume's Get Info panel or confirm
> that the destination volume supports this feature"

Looking through the log, it's seems that CCC is trying to run as an
unprivileged user:

164 [Time 1350585323] [Host] [Sender Carbon Copy Cloner] [PID 152] [UID 501]
[GID 501] [Level 7] [Message RunInstallToolAsRoot:
AuthorizationExecuteWithPrivileges: 0]

IIRC (I don't have that version handy) CCC has a checkbox in the interface
somewhere to 'run with root priveleges' make sure that's checked...it should
request your authorization to run.

You should be able to boot from the FW drive and run CCC from there, too.

--
Bruce Johnson

"Wherever you go, there you are" B. Banzai,  PhD