On 18/12/2012 18:35, "frrob" <fr...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Finally, my second question, which may be moot, but: has anyone ever tried to
> somehow adapt the ADC connector of one of these G5 ADC cards to the ADC
> connector of an MDD? It seems to me that it could be done and could work. The
> ADC connector only has two leads, which supply power for the display, correct?
> It seems to me that you might be able to come up with some kind of
> franken-connector or jumper that would let you go straight ADC. Anyone know
> anything out there?

    I've seen a G5 AGP Pro 8x card converted to work in a non pro G4 4x slot
- not a pretty sight. But afaik the adc in the mdd has two connections in
the agp slot - thus the taping of pins 3 and 11 on 8x cards which I believe
in the mac slot supply power for the adc connection. In between the 4x agp
mdd and the 8x agp G5 the layout of the slot was converted to agp pro design
to keep adc - apple should have gone for dvi/vga at that point (had to
eventually) but they have always liked to have their proprietary video
connectors going way back...

Pete