not hardly specific to teh G5 quads, but I think all these suffer from the dread Capacitor Plague form the period they were manufactured... while it's a singular cause (really bad quality power suppky capacitoers from a specific vendorfor severakl years) the SYMPTOMS, as some/all/none of the caps start to get flakey can look like ANYTHING else going confusingly, randomly wrong with the system.