On Thursday, January 3, 2013 5:35:15 PM UTC+1, joh...@pharmacy.arizona.edu
wrote:

> On Jan 3, 2013, at 4:48 AM, Gary D. <g.de...@web.de <javascript:>> wrote:
>
> > Thanks guys - you're the greatest.
> >
> > I now have enough info and things to try to keep me busy for a couple of
> days. I will report back, hopefully with success.
> >

> ... and the only issue is that the two devices don't yet communicate twith
> each other, which is a software issue, not a networking one.
>
> Without that software, neither device is offering any services on the
> network that the other one knows about, so you cannot 'see' them.
>
> Bruce Johnson

I am happy to report that I have been successful. Bruce was right that it
is a software problem and Kris steered me to "Twonky Server" which was
exactly what I needed (says so in the manual but I was off on another
tangent. Sometimes it pays to read the manual carefully - if only they were
better written.)

Thanks again everyone.

Gary D.