G5 Dual 1.8G
10.4.11
GeForce FX 5200

2 monitors
Westinghouse CMC17 1280x1024
DELL E207WFP   1680x1050

These 2 monitors played-nice for months, then the CMC-17 suddenly developed a flickering series of maybe 10 horizontal bands that slowly move down the screen. They are not apparent at all with absolute white or absolute black areas, the more mid-grey things get in an image, the worse the flicker appears.
The DELL still looks perfect.
This happened when I disconnected everything from the machine to install a larger second hard drive and then reconnected and fired it back up.

Where should I be looking for if it's the machine, the card, a cable or the monitor?

        thanks
        John V