Hey Y'all,

My G5 appears to have experienced an HDD failure and now hangs at boot on
the logo screen. I bought it with Leopard pre-installed so I'm now in need
of a replacement SATA drive and a copy of OSX. Money is tight so cheapest
possible options. I only want to use it for Final Cut Express 4 and Adobe
Creative Suite CS3.

SATA HDD
I was thinking something less than 100GB just for the OS. What are the
implications of type or speed of SATA drive? I'm only aware that 7200rpm is
best for video scratch disks but what about OS? I have a 320GB in there for
video scratch purposes.

OSX
I think I can get by with Tiger? Certainly true for FCE 4. Is Snow Leopard
a stand-alone OS? Can't seem to find any G5 original installation disks for
sale. Now cruising eBay.

Many thanks,
Evan

G5 / 2.0 / DP / 512MB