Den Torsdag, 14/3 2013, 01:37, JohnV skrev:
> I have several mail-list forums I have wprked with for years. It's
> simple direct and efficient. My experieince currently with YAHOO,
> which granted is not WORDPRESS, but I have been trying wihtout
> success to transition to a YAHOO group for a professional recording
> forum and just an hour ago finished freshly registering to YAHOO 9
> shiver) a second time to try and keep in touch with things. YAHOO
> gave me NO recourse to recover a lost password that involved a real
> human being in email or phone, and after weeks I gave up and am
> trying under a new name.
> What's teh 'advantage' to moving out of an email format?

the advantage for the website is obvious - though I've been running
screaming away from wordpress several times, any cms is an advantage if
you have more than one person writing

for the lists/groups - well some would probably say that moving away from
google is one

another would be not having to run your own listserver

I can't say I like this change, but I can definetly understand that a cms
is needed to keep things alive

I've been around since the original 040 list, and I'll miss the email
lists, as I find it so much easier to follow discussions this way, as
opposed to having tosign in on a website and browse through fora

I hope though that other old timers, like myself, will eventually migrate
over - it would be so sad if these communities died out just because we'll
have to adjust to new ways

hope to see you all later in a new way at an old place

/tina

---
"G-Group" group.
to g3-5-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.