Il giorno 27/03/13 19.50, "Wayne Stewart" ha scritto:

> In the HD privileges, I'd try clicking on the "apply to enclosed items"

I strongly suggest to NOT do that!

After I moved my data from the old G5 to the new iMac, I had this strange
"You don't have privilges" things (that I didn't have on the G5). Grrr!!!
In frustration, I did the "Apply to enclosed items" thing on all my
partitions...
as a result, on the next boot the iMac DID NOT BOOT anymore! :-(((

Apparently, that action above might seriously mess up things in OSX.
Thank God, I had another computer to use for looking for solutions on the
Net, and I found a way to "heal" all the partitions in good shape again.
Sincerely, I found this privilege thing quite baffling.

The OP might try to repair permissions, using Disk Utility; this perhaps
could fix eventual mess-up the teenager did.

---
"G-Group" group.
to g3-5-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.