Well I got this message via the list, so yes it still exists!

It's called the 'G-Group' <https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/g3-5-list>

> I sent this post to "g3-5-list group " <g3-5-list@googlegroups.com>:
>
> <Stats: G4 flat screen goose neck iMac running 10.4; I am the administrator,
> but a teenage girl has an account. She has the only Mac computer in the
> house. There is a Windows computer and a couple iPads and iPods sharing the
> network.
>
> The iMac turns itself on. That did NOT happen at my house! How can I figure
> out how this is happening and if someone has hacked into it?

First thing I'd check is to see if it's been set to turn on automatically at
some time; this is in the schedule section of the Enerygy Saver prefs; at least
in 10.8 it is; I haven't been on a system running 10.4 in a dogs age, but I'm
pretty sure it's in there, or maybe it's own preferences pane. This may be
settable by a non-administrator.

Also, don't discount the simplest explanations…something bumped the button on
the side, pretty easy to do, actually, on a G4 iMac.

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona

---