Kris, Adam

Thanks for your response.
On closer inspection it does seem to have 2 single cpus and I assume the upper one is not working going by the fan speeds - 300rpm upper, 1000rpm lower. When my other half lets me get at the machine I'll try the simple fixes - pram reset and see what I can glean for any nvram optins.
I don't have AHT nor ASD.
Is AHT available to download & burn?

Ged