>> It's hooked up to a 133ATA card. I have 120GB boot drive and 300GB data
>> drive.

The earliest so-called ATA 133 cards were really ATA 100 cards with a hack
which improved their performance to ATA 133 levels.

In theory, an ATA 100 card for a Mac is still limited to 131,072 MB.

Also in theory, an ATA 133 card for a Mac has the 131,072 MB restriction
lifted.

In theory.

But that was nearly 20 years ago.

These days, so-called "legacy" hardware for support of hard drives, more
specifically SATA hard drives, has 2 TB as its "breaking point".

dragon".

Remember, an ATA PCI card for a PPC Mac "models" the connected hard
drive(s) as SCSI drives.

Up to four drives per card ... Bus 0 Master and Slave, Bus 1 Master and
Slave.

A Mac can accept up to four such ATA cards, but install the fifth such
card and the machine will not pass POST ... it will hang (I know this as I
tested it on a 9500/9600).

There are still some fundamental limitations in a PPC Mac, and hard drive
support is one of these.

---
"G-Group" group.
to g3-5-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.