On 7/10/15 9:06 AM, Bruce Johnson wrote:
On Jul 8, 2015, at 12:35 PM, Neil Hughes <neil.hugh...@tesco.net> wrote:

Having just introduced my B&W G3 PowerMac to its first non-CRT display, I've hit a
problem. It's an AOC 2050 20" monitor with a native resolution of 1600x900.

In OSX 10.4 (via a drive moved from my now deceased G3 iMac) and MacOS 9.2.2 it
works fine in this resolution (looks great), but in MacOS 8.6 I can't get
anything higher than 1024x768 and nothing in 16:9 format, just 4:3.

Can 8.6 handle widescreen monitors? Has anybody got one running at 1600x900, etc. The
display control panel shows "2050" in 8.6, so it should be getting the native
resolution back from the monitor.
There’s an extension, iirc it’s called ‘switchres’? That allows you to select
‘unsupported’ resolutions; I used it back in the 8.6 daysto support a larger
monitor.
also  multiresolutions which i used

to g3-5-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.