FWIW, i've bee using a Firmtek seritek 1s2 internal card for the last
5-6 years with 1 and 2 tb  Sata 1 drives and a 3 tb WD SATA III drive.
Using a PPC Gigabit Ethernet (Mystic) running 10.4.11 . Had to
partition  the WD 3 tb into a 1 and 2 tb section  from an external
case before I could format it natively. YMMV

On 9/21/15, 'glenstrek' via G-Group <g3-5-list@googlegroups.com> wrote:
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16816124028
>
> I'm thinking of using this SYBA SY-PCI140010 PCI card to add a SATA drive
> to my G4 Sawtooth. I have checked the SYBA site and it does have an OS X
> driver with a 2010 date. It does not say what version of OS X. Has anyone
> had any success or failure with this card? It has a SIL3124 Chipset. The
> hard drive is a 320 MB SATA II. The Sawtooth has a dual 1.25 GHz upgrade
> processor with 2 GB RAM and running 10.4.11.
>
> The Sawtooth recognizes the full 320 GB of the drive when attached via a
> USB 2.0 card or the USB 1.1 native bus using a SATA-USB adapter. I would
> rather have the drive inside the computer and be able to boot the drive
> into 10.4.11. I can't do that when connected with USB on that old G4. My
> other option is a SATA/Firewire external enclosure which should be bootable
>
> and would cost about the same.
>
> This is a temporary solution until I fix or replace my recently failed G5.
> I need to open files in Adobe CS2 and FileMaker 7 so 10.4.11 preferred,
> 10.5.8 or maybe even 10.6.8 with an Intel Mac.
>
> Any thoughts or ideas? Thanks once again --glen
>
> --
> --
>
> ---
> "G-Group" group.