Hi Bruce,

Thank you.

Op zaterdag 30 april 2016 21:57:37 UTC+2 schreef
joh...@pharmacy.arizona.edu:

> > Does Disk utility show any SMART errors? I suspect it may be a flaky
> drive. You can also get a utility like this <
> https://www.volitans-software.com/apps/smart-utility/> which will give
> you better info than Disk Utility which simply tells you ‘errors have
> occured'
>
> That said I don’t have any experience with those drives on Macs, let alone
> PPC macs…We’ve gotten them in a number of newer PC’s at work and haven’t
> had issues.

I tried the latest SMART Utility you pointed me to but it won't start. I
found an earlier version 2.0.0 in my app folder, a demo that still worked.
It declared my WD 1TB green "Failing" because it has 6 reallocated bad
blocks but declared my Seagate hybrid as fine.

As the WD is working flawlessly ever since one crash I guess I'll wait and
see, I have a 5-year warranty and use CCC on a weekly basis. The shop where
I bought the Seagate tests all RMAs on a PC and if they still work refuse
to accept the warranty claim.

Everything's working fine now, keep my fingers crossed ...

Regards, Jörg.

---
"G-Group" group.
to g3-5-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.