Hello.  I'm trying to plug our g4u disk images into virtual machines on
my workstation.  Problem is, there's limited space on this machine.

The image I'm trying to write to the virtual disk is only 2.8GB but when
doing a 'slurpdisk' it writes much more then that(up to 9GB before the
VM errored out).

Why is g4u trying to write more data then is necessary?  If g4u only
uses 'dd' to create the image, I'd imagine it would just be a block by
block copy excluding blank/empty blocks.  Is there any way I can go
about having it write only the necessary data?

Any enlightenment would be appreciated.

--
Mike Shultz
Flux Capacitor Technician