I've tried g4u on my PC, versions 2.3 and 2.4alpha1 - results are the same.

Booting g4u will cause a kernel panic:
panic: ohci_softintr addr 0x000d1590 not found

If I disable USB 2.0 in the BIOS, then there is no kernel panic.

However, after that, my keyboard no longer works.  I have tried
toggling the USB Legacy option in the BIOS with no luck.  A PS/2
keyboard connected to the system works.

The motherboard is an ASUS P5N-E SLI (nVidia 650i chipset), with a
Microsoft Natural 4000 USB keyboard (I cannot use a USB to PS/2
adapter, as then the BIOS doesn't recognize the keyboard).

The keyboard/motherboard combination is fine, they work under Linux
and Windows.

-- Joe

Need personalized email and website? Look no further. It's easy
with Doteasy $0 Web Hosting! Learn more at www.doteasy.com