Hello,

I have a customer who wants to use LANDesk to deploy the G4U images.

LANDesk is a tool that deploys that allows an administrator to PXE boot
to WinPE or a trimmed down Linux environment.  Such an imaging task can
be deployed to multiple computers in multiple locations at once.

The customer has a lot of images captures with G4U and does not want to
recreate the images.  However, while I can customize or PXE to allow for
PXE booting to G4U, G4U does not have a LANDesk agent for LANDesk to
send commands to, so the admin would have to go to each machine and type
in the imaging command.

I was wondering if the following was possible.  If I boot to linux or
windows could I use dd (the linux or the win32 version) to image the
workstation?

1.      We could gunzip the image
2.      Then we could copy it to a share.
3.      PXE boot to linux or WinPE
4.      LANDesk send commands to:

        a.      map a drive
        b.      run dd against the gunzipped image on the drive.
        c.      reboot

If I could do this, what "dd" commands would be required?

Thanks,

Jared Barneck

LANDesk Software an Avocent(r) Company

Channel Support Manager

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Mon - Fri 8:00 a.m - 5:00 p.m. MST

View, edit, or attach files yourself to your open cases at:
https://selfservice.landesk.com

Please visit our Knowledge Base: http://kb.landesk.com

Participate in the LANDesk Forums:   http://forum.landesk.com

Please provide my manager with feedback on the support you received:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]