Ooops, I had sent this to Hubert rather than the list. I apologize.

Bob

On 06/19/2009 02:36 AM, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
>  On Thu, 18 Jun 2009, Robert L Cochran wrote:
>>  To get the drive cloned, it looks like my best bet will be to boot from
>>  g4u floppy images. This assumes that the floppy drive will work. My
>>  question is, do the floppy images of G4U provide the same functionality
>>  as booting from the iso version?
>
>  Yes. Good luck!
>

>  - Hubert

Well, I just tried the floppy images for the first time. they want to
"install NetBSD" and after I feed in all 3 floppy disks of the floppy
set, I'm prompted to supply a "root". I had no idea what this refers to,
but being dumb I typed a root value of wd0a just to see what would
happen, and was rewarded with a message that it couldn't mount the root.

It doesn't seem very G4U-ish at all. I had tested this on my wife's
computer because it is one of the few in the house that has a floppy
drive and I want to be sure of having good floppy images.

Bob