It's CentOS 5.4 x86_64. It chugged along for a while, then said "Killed" and
exited gracefully. The system monitor/memory showed all white. That was
yesterday afternoon. This morning I checked on the preclone-script zeroing a
500GB /home-partition (on a 750GB disk) and removed the 0bits-file. I'm
cloning as I write this. Started cloning the smaller Windows-disk this
morning. Will report later on the image size for the big linux-disk.

Thanks for your help so far!
--
/Sorin