Hello! I've downloaded the most recent g4u and it works great on most
of these Dell Optiplex 760 systems, same as the alpha 4 version did.
On one of the systems, I'm having a weird experience.  When running
inside the g4u session, there is constant green colored output back to
the screen surrounding the white progress indicator text.

I'm running slurpdisk to copy a disk image from a server onto an
externally attached USB hard disk.  As far as I can tell, though the
problem is the same with other activities within g4u.

I'm typing this from a neighboring workstation, this is not a literal
copy.  Plus or minus typing errors, here's what I see

In white text I see progress

132334 MiB   7.40 MiB/s

surrounded by green text

uhidev2: at ubub0 port 2 (addr 2) disconnected
wsmouse0:detached
ums0:detached
uhidev2:detached

Then white again

142343 MiB 7.1 MiB/s

Along with

uhidev2 at uhub0 port 2 configuration 1 interface 0
uhidev2: microsoft Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse v2.0, rev 1.10/1.04,
addr2, class 3/1
ums0 at uhidev2: 3buttonws and Zdir
wsmouse0 at ums0 mux 0

This repeats over and over.

The slurpdisk process seems to be continuing, but surrounded by all
that green stuff.  After it finishes, I'll be able to test the result.
 I expect it will work, but it is weird.

Aside from showing that our ethernet is really slow from one room to
the next, can you get any insight into this?
--
Paul E. Johnson
Professor, Political Science